Sick of eating boring cereal and milk for breakfast? This delicious Avocado Breakfast Spread will become your new favorite morning meal.
This recipe will also start your day on a healthy note. Avocados are a good source of fiber, potassium, and vitamins, eggs are packed with protein and essential amino acids, and onions can ease the symptoms of a cold or cough. Something tells me that those Lucky Charms aren't quite as beneficial to your health...
Requiring no actual cooking, this recipe only take a few minutes to throw together. Spread it on lightly toasted wheat bread and you will not be disappointed. Make it your whole meal or pair it with a grapefruit or fruit salad.
So what do you think? New favorite breakfast meal? (Don't worry, I won't tell the Lucky Charms leprechaun.)
Avocado Breakfast Spread
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 medium avocados
Toasted bread slices
1. Dice the onions until you can fill a 1/2 cup. Set aside.
2. Remove yolks from hard-boiled eggs; you only need the egg whites. Use a fork to mash up the egg whites into crumb-size pieces.
3. Slice and pit avocados. Place avocados in the same dish with the egg whites. Use the fork to mash up the avocado, mixing it with the egg white pieces.
4. Mix diced onion with the avocado-egg mixture until evenly distributed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with bread slices to use for spreading on.
Serves 2 people as a full meal, or 4 people as a part of a meal.