I used to dislike Snickers candy bars. As a fan of Milky Way bars, I didn't understand why someone had to ruin the nougat and caramel filling with a layer of peanuts.
Oh, I also used to dislike peanuts in my sweets.
Now that I have a more sophisticated, adult palette, I enjoy Snickers. But I think I have discovered an even better way to enjoy this candy bar: INSIDE A COOKIE. Genius? Or genius?
This recipe involves taking a basic peanut butter cookie recipe, flattening the dough balls, and then wrapping them around a mini Snickers bar.
|Check out that TECHNIQUE.|
The result is a chewy, peanutty cookie with a surprise of chocolate, caramel, nougat, and peanuts tucked inside.
Give them a try and let me know how you think they stack up.
Snickers-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Slightly adapted from Key Ingredient
18 Snickers Mini Candies
1 stick softened butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Mix butter, peanut butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
2. Add the egg and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
3. Stir in the flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. Optional but recommended: chill dough in the fridge for at least a few hours (overnight is best!)
5. Remove dough from fridge and let it warm up on the counter for 30 minutes.
6. Roll dough into rounded tablespoon-sized balls. Flatten.
7. Place a mini Snickers into the center of the flattened dough balls. Form the dough around the snickers to cover it.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Slightly flatten hot cookies with spatula if they are too rounded.
9. Let cool and enjoy!