homeaboutfoodtravelartreadwatchmusings

Saturday, April 14, 2012

NEXT UP: Healthy Baked Potato Chips

During Passover, I have to get a little creative with my meals. Cutting out bread is a bit tricky for this carb-loving girl. Luckily, the holiday encourages me to try new dishes, hence the creation of Healthy Baked Potato Chips.


Am I the only one who feels gross after polishing off a bag of salty, greasy Lays potato chips? Sure, it tastes like happiness and joy in crispy circular form while I'm eating it, but I'm usually left feeling icky and still hungry right after. This recipe satisfies my potato chip craving in a healthier manner.

Pre-baked potato slices 

You can eat your chips plain, with ketchup, or topped with extra spices. The thinner you slice your potato, the more chip-like your results will be. They're not Lays--but they might just be better.

Different batch

Healthy Baked Potato Chips
1 Potato
1 Tbs Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2) Prepare potato by either peeling it (if you want the skin off) or scrubbing it clean (if you want the skin on).

3) Slice potato into 1/4 inch slices or smaller, depending how crispy you want your chips.

4) Spread out slices on a baking tray. Lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (and any other spices you desire).

5) Bake for 30 minutes, flipping slices halfway through.

6) Let cool (trust me, it will be hard to wait), and enjoy!

Serves 1


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment