homeaboutfoodtravelartreadwatchmusings

Friday, May 11, 2012

NEXT UP: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


Plans change.

One moment you're planning to make tacos for dinner, the next you realize someone used the rest of your taco mix (poor Hannah).

One moment you're staying in to write a paper, the next you're accepting last minute tickets to go see a movie (not that I did that...).

The same thing happens with baking all the time. Often, I'll go to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for one recipe, then find a neat ingredient that inspires me to make something else. That was the case with these Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.


When sending a care package to my boyfriend, I planned to include Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. However, while perusing the baking aisle at the store, I spotted a pre-mixed bag of peanut butter and milk chocolate chips. How fun!

Source

I immediately tossed this bag of heavenly goodness into my basket. (The only time I am an impulse shopper is when it comes to baking goods.) I basically followed the Nestle Toll House recipe on the back of the bag to yield a few batches of Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.

At first, I was worried I removed the hot cookies too early. They were very soft and still rather wet in the center. However, they cooled perfectly, ending up as not-too-flat, crispy-edged, gooey-centered chocolate chip cookies with a peanut butter surprise.

I planned to eat just a couple of these and send most of them to my boyfriend.

But like I said....plans change.


Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Adapted from the Nestle Toll House Recipe
(This is my halved-version of the recipe - I didn't want too many cookies!)

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 cup Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels

1) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.

2) In a separate bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat egg into the mixture.

3) Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture.

4) Stir in the morsels.

5) Optional but recommended: Chill dough in the fridge for at least a couple hours.

6) Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 9-11 minutes. Remove, cool, and enjoy!

Makes 30 cookies.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment