homeaboutfoodtravelartreadwatchmusings

Saturday, May 5, 2012

NEXT UP: White Chocolate Mocha Cookies


I am in a total glass case of emotion right now. Usually I'm fairly stressed at the end of the semester. Those last couple weeks are filled with too-long papers, dreaded tests, and time-consuming group projects.

But instead of being worried and counting down the minutes until the semester ends, I have mixed feelings. This is my last finals period as an undergrad. I am looking forward to finishing exams but I do not want to say goodbye to college. While I have a ton to look forward to after I toss my grad cap in the air, the end is bittersweet.

So...let's focus on the sweet part: sweets to enjoy while you're powering through those late night cram sessions. For current and past college students, you know that sleep becomes a distant memory during study time. Therefore, these coffee-infused White Chocolate Mocha Cookies are the perfect fuel for the occasion.


Personally, I'm not a coffee drinker. I enjoy a caramel frap from Starbucks on occasion, but that's about it. While I enjoyed these cookies, I didn't love them. However, my coffee-guzzling roommate gave them two thumbs up. Well, just one. The other thumb was too busy holding another cookie to eat.


White Chocolate Mocha Cookies

1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1) Preheat oven to 375°F.

2) In a large bowl, mix the flour, coffee granules, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. 

3) In a separate bowl, beat the butter until fluffy.

4) Mix the granulated sugar and brown sugar into the butter. 

5) Add egg and beat into the mixture. Stir in the vanilla.

6) Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until just incorporated.

7) Gently stir in the semisweet chips and white chocolate chips.

8) Optional but recommended: Chill covered dough in the fridge for at least a few hours.

9) Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes. 

10) Remove cookies and let cool, then enjoy!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment