homeaboutfoodtravelartreadwatchmusings

Friday, March 23, 2012

NEXT UP: White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


Tell me your favorite cookie.

Tell me, and I will bake it.

Some of my friends have learned this fact. If you tell me what your favorite cookie is, I will remember and bake it to celebrate your birthday/anniversary/promotion/10-pound-weight-loss. Hmm, okay, maybe not that last occasion.

So when a certain special someone told me they had a soft spot for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, I promptly baked up this recipe and shipped them 3 dozen cookies.

Did I mention I sent them next-day shipping? Just so they would still be perfectly moist and melty when they arrived? I must really like him. :-)

Whether or not these are your favorites, this WCMNC recipe (awkward abbreviation attempt) is awesome. There is a perfect balance of grainy, sugary dough, salty macadamia nuts and creamy white chocolate bits. Hey - Maybe after baking this recipe, WCCMNC will be your new favorite cookies.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Slightly Adapted from Whipped's recipe
1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag of white chocolate chips (10 oz)
1 cup of roasted macadamia nuts

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Chop up macadamia nuts. Set aside.

3. Cream together softened butter and sugars.

4. Mix in vanilla, salt, and eggs until well-blended.

5. Sift together flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Gradually add to the mix and stir.

6. Add in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.

7. (Optional step, but highly recommended) Refrigerate dough for 2-12 hours, or as long as you can resist baking the cookies.

8. Drop 1 inch balls of batter onto a cookie sheet. (Tip: I usually press a couple white chocolate chips or nut pieces on top for aesthetic reasons.)

9. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until faintly browned.

10. Wait a few minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.

Makes 3 dozen cookies. (That's a lot of cookies, fair warning.)

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. You're adorable! I love making, mailing and receiving cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very sweet! I have never mailed baked goods to anyone, but I should definitely do that sometime. Macadamia nuts... I don't think I ever see them in the bulk section in stores... are they in pre-packed bags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grocery stores sell them in small plastic containers, usually in the snack aisle. You only need one of those containers for this recipe--in fact, you'll probably have leftovers to munch on!

      Delete