homeaboutfoodtravelartreadwatchmusings

Thursday, September 13, 2012

NEXT UP: Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries


Fall has arrived in the city. The temperature may have crept up into the 80s today, but that hasn't stopped New Yorkers from breaking out boots, Starbucks from cranking out pumpkin-spice lattes, and my roommate and me from turning off our air conditioner. Well, that and our eagerness to lower our electricity bill.

But saying goodbye to summer is a bit sad. Fall no longer means a return to textbooks and lectures. Yet I still look forward to all of the things associated with summertime: long days, beach reads, sun-toasted shoulders (sounds better than sunburned), and summer produce.

Produce like...oh, I don't know...strawberries?


So before I break out the much beloved pumpkin bars recipe, I decided to try a super quick and easy strawberry dessert. I've been eyeing this delicious-looking treat on Pinterest for a while now. 


I like cheesecake. I like strawberries. I like stuffing. Mmmm Thanksgiving stuffing...

Sorry, got off track for a second. Back to summer.


These Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries were a hit at a dinner party I had recently (A dinner party?? How old am I?!). They were gone in way less time than it took me to make them, and it really took me no time at all.


Basically, you hollow out strawberries, mix up a simple cheesecake filling, pipe it into the fruit, and dip the stuffed strawberries into graham cracker crumbs. A sweet ending to a sweet summer.

Now onto the pumpkin!!


Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries
Inspired by multiple Pinterest posts

1 lb strawberries
8 oz package of cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Small plastic bag (or piping bag, if you're fancy enough to have one)
1/2 c graham cracker crumbs

1. Wash and dry off strawberries.
2. Use a small knife to remove leaves and create hole inside the strawberries.
3. In a mixing bowl, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
4. Scoop the cheesecake filling into a small plastic bag and cut off the corner to create a piping bag.
5. Pipe the filling into the strawberries.
6. Dip the cheesecake-filled end of the strawberries into a dish of graham cracker crumbs to coat.
7. Refrigerate until serving.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment